We’ve got some big news! Winners for The 2012 ALTY Blog Awards have been decided.
You the voters have spoken and you’ve chosen this year’s best senior care and senior living blogs from across eight different awards categories. And you spoke loudly, with more than 12,000 votes being cast over the course of a month. And it was an exciting competition with many winners being decided by only a handful of votes.
So who are the winners? (drum roll please……) Here are your 2012 ALTY Blog Awards Winners!
- Best Aging in Place Blog: Older Americans Reject Senior Housing to Care for Grandchildren – by Patricia Grace via Aging with Grace
- Best Alzheimer’s Blog: Fight of My Life – by Norm McNamara, Fisher Center
- Best Baby Boomer Blog: 3 Ways Baby Boomer Retirement was Destroyed…So Now What? – by Paula Lee Bright, Almost 60 Really
- Best Senior Caregiving Blog: Waiting for an Update from 6,000 Miles Away – by Amy Goyer, AARP Blog
- Best Senior Finance Blog: The Old are Poorer Than We Think – by Alicia Munnell, Encore
- Best Senior Healthcare Blog: Working with Healthcare Providers: How to Empower Yourself and Your Loved One – by The Intentional Caregiver
- Best Senior Home Blog: Calling Assisted Living an “Acute Care Setting” is Just Plain Wrong – by Rick Banas, BMA Management
- Best Senior Technology Blog: Savvy Seniors: Keeping up with Technology – by Leann Doherty, NHmagazine.com
We also announced runners-up and finalists in each category as well. To see all the final results and how the voting shook out in all awards categories, just click a category link below:
- Aging in Place Blogs
- Alzheimer’s Blogs
- Baby Boomer Blogs
- Senior caregiving blogs
- Senior Finance and Legal Issue Blogs
- Senior Healthcare Blogs
- Senior Homes Blogs
- Senior Technology Blogs
Congratulations to all winners, runners-up and finalists. And special thanks to everyone who voted and helped make this year’s ALTYs a rousing success
Did You Earn an ALTY?
Were you a winner, runner up or finalist in this year’s ALTYs? Let the world know about your achievement by placing a custom badge on your website that you can find here: