Welcome to our free Elder Care Locator. Listed below are cities and states throughout the US where you can find senior care for yourself or your loved one. Use the state “jump links” to jump down to a specific state or a city. Then click on any link to find senior housing and assisted living facilities near you. If you’d rather get direct access to one of our Eldercare Experts, then fill out our Eldercare Inquiry Form and an expert will contact you immediately.
District of Columbia
- Long Beach
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- San Jose
- San Francisco
- Santa Ana
- Corpus Christi
- El Paso
- Fort Worth
- San Antonio
- Newport News
- Virginia Beach
Eldercare Locator Guide: Steps to Finding Elder Care
It’s inevitable: the time will come when your parents—or uncles or aunts, parents’ cousins or the like—get older and can no longer manage on their own as they once could. When that time comes they may need to be placed in an eldercare facility of some sort, be it a memory care facility, a senior independent living center or an assisted living community.
So just how does you find the right kind of senior housing for you or your loved one? In any given community there are bound to be more than one and they may all look equally optimal. Let’s take a look at what criteria you can use to find the right elder care facility.
What to Look for in an Elder Care Home
- One of the first things that you want to consider is when trying to find elder care is how close the facility is to your own residence. After all, you do want to be able to visit your family members as often as you can.
- Another thing you want to look at is the reputation of the business that runs the home. Are they known for delivering timely and quality service to their customers?
- If you find a home that you think your elderly family member will like, arrange to be taken on a tour of the building. During the tour, make observations, like how clean is the place? Is there a skilled facility member always on duty, ready to be called upon 24 hours a day? Is the facility neat and clean? Do you see anything there that is potentially dangerous or unhealthy?
- The physical setting is another important factor. Take into account the personal tastes of your loved one. Do they prefer a more secluded, serene setting or would they prefer to live near the hustle and bustle of the city? Do they need public transportation or does the facility have a shuttle?
- How good is the care that your loved one will receive is another question you want answered? How friendly are the people? Do the other residents look happy and well-cared for? How well trained are they? Ask for references of other families, so you can contact them to get their unbiased take on the facility their loved one is in.
- What types of activities are available at this facility? What kinds of games do they have to play? Do they get outdoors or go on trips regularly? Do they have competitive sports? How about things like bingo? And what kinds of amenities do they have? Computers and Internet? Television?
Eldercare Locator Conclusion
If you’re trying to find elder care for your loved ones, there are a range of senior living situations to choose from. At Assisted Living Today, one of our Eldercare Experts can help you find the perfect situation. To speak to one of our Eldercare Experts, fill out our Eldercare Inquiry Form and one of our specialists will contact you immediately.