According to the World Health Organization, hypertension, or high blood pressure, affects one in five adults across the globe and is the cause of half of all deaths related to stroke and heart disease. Many people are unaware of their heart condition until an event like a heart attack occurs. Monitoring your blood pressure at home is a great way to ensure you are able to detect early warning signs of heart disease, as well as keep on top of existing conditions.
Using an At-Home Blood Pressure Monitor
The American Heart Association (AHA) has created a helpful guide to help you learn to use your at-home blood pressure monitor. The most important things to remember are that you should act the same way as if you were at the doctor’s office- sit up straight, feet on the floor, and breathe normally, relaxed. Many monitors have an easy push-button that starts to inflate the wrist cuff, and others will begin to inflate automatically when the monitor is in the correct position. The AHA notes that many times, a reading will be high and it might be a good idea to recheck before panicking at your results. If after waiting for five minutes your levels are over 180/120, or are followed by shortness of breath or chest pains, then you should reach out to your healthcare team or call 911.
Personal blood pressure monitors all have their own qualities, but generally, they are able to store readings for a period of time so you can track your results and share them with your health providers, in addition to being more informed about your own health. Some monitors can store data for more than one user, and other monitors connect to smartphone apps or via Bluetooth to help make tracking your BP results, heart rate, and other health information easier. Simply bring your monitor with you to your doctor’s appointments, and talk about your results. Your doctor can also help you verify that your at-home monitor is as accurate as the readings they are taking in the office.
Your blood pressure can be a sensitive issue with your body, and it is extremely important that your blood pressure measurement tools are accurate and in perfect working order, especially when you need to keep track of your BP. If your monitor has bad batteries, for example, inaccurate results could lead to serious health risks for you. Make sure to keep fresh batteries in your monitor at all times, and keep spare batteries with the instruction manual so that you know how to fix any issues with your device. Keep reading to see our choices for 2020’s best wrist blood pressure monitors, and learn more about the monitors to figure out which one is best for your lifestyle.
Budget Wrist Blood Pressure Monitors for Seniors
The GreaterGoods wrist blood pressure monitor cuff tops our list for its cool interactive monitoring features, low price tag, and comfort when in use. This blood pressure monitor integrates with health monitoring software, allowing you to track your blood pressure results and pulse and monitor your own progress.
- Connects with software to track readings
- Large, backlit LCD screen is very easy to read in any light
- US-based support
- A portion of proceeds goes to charity to fight human trafficking
Coming in at number two on our list, with one of the lowest prices on the market, is the MOBI Health automatic wrist blood pressure monitor. This easy-to-use cuff lets you check your heart health anytime. Simply put the bracelet on and push the button to take an accurate, and fast reading. This monitor can store up to 120 readings, making it easy to track your health for your own records or to share with your doctors.
- Stores 120 readings
- Blood pressure and irregular heartbeat alerts
- Large LCD monitor with big text for ease when reading you results
This ultra-fast, accurate blood pressure monitor tops competitors with its 60-second readings. Designed for comfort, this monitor features a self-inflating cuff with a velcro closure that fits wrists sized 5.5” to 8.5”. The large easy-to-read screen combined with simple to use buttons makes this a great choice for those that appreciate value and simplicity.
- Memory can store up to 60 readings for two different users
- Irregular heartbeat indicator
- Automatic shutoff to save power
- Large, easy-to-read LCD screen
The iProven wrist blood pressure monitor watch is a great solution for the casual user that wants to keep tabs on their blood pressure at home. This lightweight watch-style monitor is comfortable to wear, with a soft-band that has a velcro closure. Reviewers note that their results usually align with the readings they get at the doctor’s office, verifying this product’s claim of accuracy.
- Clinically accurate, fast readings
- Large, easy to read display
- Big buttons are easy to press
- Fits securely on the wrist with comfortable padded strap
Vive’s Precision personal blood pressure monitor is a great solution if you’re worried about keeping an eye on your numbers at home. This self-inflating blood pressure cuff is easy to operate with the touch of a button and includes an easy-to-read user manual to help you get familiar with the machine. Up to two users can store data in this cuff to help both you and a loved one keep track of your blood pressure, pulse, and any irregular heartbeats.
- Individually tested for accuracy
- User-friendly one-touch operation
- Stores data for two users
- The self-inflating cuff fits arms up to 16.5” in diameter
The LotFancy brand carries many affordable blood pressure wrist cuffs. This model has the largest amount of memory to store blood pressure readings and is easy to read with its large LCD display. With over 375 five-star reviews, this blood pressure monitor is noted to be reliable, long-lasting, and comfortable as well as easy to use.
- Cuff expands from 5.3” to 8.5”
- Large LCD display
- Trusted by tens of thousands of customers for its reliability
- Stores data for up to four users; remembers 120 readings
This digital wrist blood pressure monitor is a great choice for those that want an affordable option that is clinically proven to be accurate as well as comfortable. The extended memory in this monitor can store information for two users and up to 180 readings, helping you keep track of your health over a long period of time. The hypertension alert helps users to possibly avoid heart health issues.
- Lab-tested for accuracy
- Large display is easy to read
- Features advanced positioning indicator and hypertension alerts
- Stores 180 readings for up to two users
The aptly named Superior Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff is a great choice for people who want to take their health into their own hands, from the comfort of their own home, without breaking their pocketbooks. Clinically tested by the Hammacher Schlemmer Institute, this monitor is proven to be at least 25% more accurate than competitors, and is priced far more reasonably at just under $20.
- Easy one-touch operation
- Large, easy to read display
- Stores up to 120 readings for two users
- Intelligent system automatically detects and alerts you of an irregular heartbeat
Lakmus’s answer to the personal wrist blood pressure monitor, this cuff provides a high level of accuracy at a low price. The easy-to-read buttons and large LCD display make this an easy device to use, and there are simple illustrated instructions on the inside of this watch’s cover. Reviewers love how precise this device’s readings are, stating their results always coordinate with results found at the doctor’s office. Reviewers say they also appreciate the long-lasting battery life.
- Includes a carrying case to protect your monitor
- Uses AAA batteries, included with your purchase
- Easy to read instructions on the inside of the cover on device
- Power-saving automatic shutoff feature
The MiBest wrist blood pressure monitor is a great choice for people who want to monitor their blood pressure at home with clinically-accurate results and is very affordable, even for those on a budget. Its extra-bright LCD display is 2.5”, much larger than competitors, and displays easy-to-read test results as well as the date and time.
- Includes handy carrying case
- Fits wrists measuring 5.3” to 8.5”
- 2.5” LCD screen shows date, time, and results in large bright numbers
- Voice function tells you the test results out loud
Mid-Range Wrist Blood Pressure Monitors for Seniors
A&D’s budget-friendly option, this wrist monitor provides proven accurate results in rapid time, with easy one-button push operation. Its comfortable fabric strap and velcro closure combined with the positioning guide makes it easy to find a secure, comfortable, and proper fit for the most accurate results. The multi-user function makes it simple to store up to 60 test results for two different users.
- Correct positioning guide ensures accurate readings
- Easy to read LCD screen
- Stores 60 measurements for us to two users
- Five-year warranty
The original Color Doctor blood pressure monitor bracelet’s unique color-coding system is designed to simplify test results, helping the user remember what their ideal test results are when they don’t have access to a medical professional. It’s easy to take at-home blood pressure readings with this wrist monitor, and accuracy is lab-tested and verified by hundreds of satisfied users.
- Can store health data for two users- and up to 90 readings
- Simple operation starts with the push of a button
- Easy to read screen displays BP as well as date and time
The iHealth Sense wrist blood pressure monitor is paired with your smartphone via Bluetooth. The simple-to-use app displays your readings and allows you to adjust settings and view your health information, all from your smartphone. This is a great option for someone that loves technology and uses their smartphones for everything.
- Bluetooth functionality pairs with your smartphone to see and track results
- App works with both Android and iPhones
- Automatically inflates when positioned correctly on left wrist at heart-level
- Quick, rapid inflation makes this cuff discreet to use
Designed for users who want to share the device and their health information, the Koogeek wrist blood pressure monitor stores data for up to 16 users in the app, with the device itself holding the past 99 readings. This monitor is great for seniors watching their health at home because of its large easy-to-read screen and speaker that tells you your results, a great choice for those with vision impairments.
- Wrist monitor stores up to 99 readings
- Connect to the Koogeek app to share health info with 16 friends and family members
- Uses 2 AAA batteries
- Voice function tells you readings out loud
The Mark of Fitness blood pressure wrist monitor delivers quick, accurate results, from a comfortable bracelet that is easy to operate independently with the push of a button. Users rave that this monitor is consistently accurate, with their results lining up with those received at their doctor’s office.
- Stores data for up to two users
- Comes with carrying case for travelling
- Large, easy-to-read display
The Omron Series 7 wrist blood pressure monitor is a great choice for a moderate price point, with all the features that a blood pressure monitor needs plus a comfortable adjustable wrist strap. The heart level detection system lights up when positioned correctly to help you get the most accurate reading possible. Reviewers love how well their at-home results align with the BP readings they get from their health professionals at the clinic.
- Stores up to 100 readings
- Large text on backlit screen can be read even in the dark
- Ultra-silent and quick inflation
- Automatically inflates when in the proper position at heart level
Generation Guard’s automatic blood pressure monitoring wrist cuff is a cost-effective solution for someone who worries about their blood pressure and wants to monitor it daily from home. The comfortable cuff is easily adjustable, and this cuff easily starts inflating with the push of a button. Reviewers note that this machine is not only consistently accurate, but also very easy to use.
- FDA approved
- Large display is easy to read
- Stores last 90 measurements
- Heart rate detector alerts you of hypertension and abnormal heartbeat
From the trusted HoMedics name, this wrist monitor is an accurate, comfortable, and affordable way to keep track of your blood pressure at home. The large display features tall numbers for easy reading, and BP results are quickly gathered by simply pushing the button when your arm is in the correct position at your heart.
- Heart image on screen flashes to your heartbeat
- Stores 120 readings for up to 2 users
- Highly-rated customer service team is available to assist with any product issues
The Advantage digital wrist monitor helps you keep track of your blood pressure accurately with its comfortable adjustable cuff and easy-to-use interface. One-touch operation makes it easy to take your blood pressure independently, from the comfort of your own home. Two users can share this monitor, and it stores up to 99 readings with date stamps.
- Stores up to 99 readings for two different users
- Latex-free cuff adjusts from 5.3”-7.7”
- Simple one-touch operation
- Auto-shutoff helps save battery power
High-End Wrist Blood Pressure Monitors for Seniors
The innovative ThinkBand smartwatch features state-of-the-art photoplethysmography technology, measuring your systolic and diastolic blood pressure by using green LED lights paired with light-sensitive photodiodes to measure the difference in blood pressure change between heartbeats. This intuitive watch has numerous features aside from blood pressure monitoring, such as sleep quality and physical activity monitoring, and weather alerts provided by its internal heat-and-humidity-detection software that accurately predicts the next three days forecast.
- Variety of intuitive features to help you keep track of your health on many levels
- Stylish, modern design comes in gold and black
- Bluetooth 8.0+ operating systems including both Apple and Android
- Built-in heat sensor predicts next 3 days weather and provides alerts and reminders
The Advocate personal wrist blood pressure monitor is a great choice for those that want an accurate, simple-to-use device to keep track of their BP. Large buttons and an easy to navigate system combine with the extra-large and backlit LCD display to provide accurate readings that can be read with ease, despite lighting and visual impairment.
- Remembers last 90 readings
- Large, easy-to-read screen
- Irregular heartbeat detection
- Level-detector that lets you know when you’re in the best position to measure your BP
The A&D Medical UltraConnect Bluetooth blood pressure wrist monitor is perfect for those that want to be able to use their BP monitor by itself, or take advantage of the cool features this device’s app brings to the table. The app syncs quickly with your phone via Bluetooth technology, and makes it very easy to read your results at home, on the go, or at your doctor’s office.
- Features irregular heartbeat indicator
- Movement sensor ensures proper positioning before taking a reading
- Store up to 100 readings in the device and unlimited data in the app
- Clinically tested to be accurate
Mabis HealthSmart’s Women’s BP wrist monitor is a fashion-forward choice for the at-home caregiver or anyone concerned with their personal health, or who wants to be able to easily share their health stats with their doctors during appointments. Whatever the reason, this blood pressure monitor is lab-tested for accuracy, comfortable and appealing to wear, and aligns with the World Health Organization’s (WHO) standards for health, letting you know when your stats indicating you could be in danger of a health issue.
- Irregular heartbeat detection and alarm
- Remembers 60 readings with an average of the last three
- Stylish pink color
- Comes with two AAA batteries and a carrying case
The Omron’s series 10 high-end answer to wrist blood pressure monitor has all the same great features as the earlier models, as well as Bluetooth technology that enables you to store unlimited readings and retrieve them quickly for your doctor or your own purposes. The ultra-quiet cuff inflates quickly, is comfortable to wear, and is easily operated with the push of a button.
- Bluetooth technology
- Device inflates quickly and quietly
- Large display with tall text
- Level-indicator to ensure an accurate reading
The Premium Series digital wrist blood pressure monitor by HealthSmart is a great choice for someone who has a bilingual home, thanks to its ability to dictate the results of your reading and the average of the last three in both English and Spanish. Independence-loving seniors love this monitor because it has a large, easy to see LCD screen, easy-to-use menu, and simple push-start operation once the monitor is at heart level.
- One-handed operation
- The high contrast LCD screen is backlit for easy reading in the daytime or with no light
- Speaks in English and Spanish
- Records last 120 readings for up to two users